VNA Donors’ Impact During Fiscal Year 2023
The Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) was founded 48 years ago, seeking to fill the need to deliver quality at-home nursing care to those discharged from the hospital. Today, the VNA is an organization of over 500 associates dedicated to our mission of providing our patients with the highest quality care regardless of their ability to pay. And it’s only through the generosity of our donors that we can provide the breadth of programs and services to our community.
During our 2023 fiscal year (October 2022 through September 2023), we were able to use donor funds for the following:
- $1,477,705 funded the day-to-day operations of the VNA Hospice House, keeping this vital community resource operating 365 days a year, giving patients a place to receive care when they can no longer be cared for at home.
- $693,047 in program support funded the VNA’s Charitable Care Program, allowing the VNA to serve home health and hospice patients who are under or uninsured.
- $34,644 funded our Community Health and Wellness Clinics in the community, where nurses perform blood pressure and glucose checks on residents.
- $21,466 funded the VNA’s Telehealth Program, allowing patients with chronic illnesses to remain at home and make less trips to the emergency room.
- $3,942 in donor support funded our hospice patients’ end-of-life wishes through Project Wish.
The VNA’s mission is rooted in the quality of life for our patients and their families. Everything we do is centered on ensuring optimal quality of life at all times. Thanks to the generosity of our donors and the enduring commitment of this community to our mission, the VNA can help our patients and their families achieve that. Your donations help fund our programs, bringing the highest quality home health and hospice care given by compassionate clinicians. The numbers above are only part of the story of your impact. Thousands of lives in this community are touched every year by the VNA and countless uplifting stories are told about the incredible care VNA clinicians give to our patients.
The VNA’s donors show us every year how much they value quality home health and hospice care and the desire to ensure everyone in need has access to it. 2023 was no exception to this. We humbly thank our donors for their unwavering support and for allowing your contributions to go toward providing care in our community.